hey hey hey i put together a new mix - the original idea was just ‘sad piano songs’ or songs that were based primarily around piano. it evolved from there but as you can probably tell that’s still more or less the theme. it’s a very melancholy (but occasionally joyous) mix of songs, fractured compositions, and general ambience.
aka it’s great for lying down in a dark room at three in the morning while it rains outside.
it’s in no particular order when you download it, but if you want to put it in the ‘correct’ order as a playlist, here you go:
1. hope there’s someone - antony and the johnsons
2. school night - coma foxes
3. amreik - eluvium
4. 17 - perfume genius
5. black ships - gem club
6. la lettre qu’il n’envoya jamais - sylvain cheauveau
7. if there’s a spirit, i’ll hear it - cuddle formation
8. six bay mares - the dene road
9. the road is a grey tape - max richter
and it goes without saying that if you like anything you hear, please buy the album/vinyl/whatever from the artist. some of them offer all their music for free, but all of them are worth checking out (in my opinion) and supporting.
happy may/happy spring/(un)happy summer